Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Nous Défions

The United States Military is an all volunteer force. The decision to serve has been mine and mine alone. Stating that our leaders send the children of our country off to war implies that we as members of the military are not capable of decision making and have no free will. Our President did not force my father's oldest son to go off to war. I made the decision to serve, and thereby put myself in a position to uphold the oath I made when I enlisted. By all means, please continue to point out the President's mistakes and shortcomings and preach about pride, war, killing, hate, greed and hypocrisy; But give credit where credit is due. No one can force anyone to serve in the military. It is our choice. It is my choice. I love this life. For those of you who take what we do for granted, don't care, or don't even think about us that's fine. Not everyone is cut out for this, including some that fill our ranks. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to serve in the military, or putting your life ahead of a duty you don't want to do. But don't take away the pride we have in what we do by saying we're mindless pawns in a bigger political game where we're commanded to act with no choice of our own.

Nous Défions.

No comments: